We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 156 Posts
    Hi all!

With my colleagues, I’m trying MODx for building a site. We found something that I want to tell you (and ask too tongue):

1) On one PC, in a local installation with a WAMP server, we set manager language to Italian. We then changed back to English, but the manager language stayed to Italian! Plus, always on that PC, if we changed menuindex, nothing changed both in our document tree (ordered by menuindex) and in the site page, (menu built with Wayfinder).
    2) We decided to have an installation on a Ubuntu server (I think Ubuntu 8.10), where we are running a Mediawiki and a Typo3 installation. Here, everything works well. We had a second installation (new), and then replaced this DB with the one created on the WAMP server. Menuindex started working, but language remained Italian and we can’t switch.

What should we do?

Now here it comes the question tongue

We’ll have our site structured like this (in the manager):
    Every page will be private, and some other people (not admin) will edit their pages, and ONLY their pages will be visible for them in the manager.
    Is there a method for setting up by default that every page that will be created will be a private page that only administrator can see and edit?
    Or we have to create an admin group and assign every page to that group?

Thanks for your answers!
      • 634 Posts
      You probably have MySQL version 5.0.51. Unfortunately it has a well known bug, discussed in many threads. For example here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=25333.0

This is also covered in MODx general requirements: http://modxcms.com/learn/general-requirements.html

For language problems, check user’s individual manager language settings too: Security > Users
        Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
        • 156 Posts
        Everything clear, thank you!
          • 156 Posts
          Quote from: Roberto at Apr 24, 2009, 08:54 AM

We’ll have our site structured like this (in the manager):
          Every page will be private, and some other people (not admin) will edit their pages, and ONLY their pages will be visible for them in the manager.
          Is there a method for setting up by default that every page that will be created will be a private page that only administrator can see and edit?
          Or we have to create an admin group and assign every page to that group?

Sorry for this quote, but can someone answer to this?

Thanks smiley
            • 156 Posts
            Hi, replying just to let you know that I discovered Doc Manager lol tongue
              • 24,544 Posts
              DocManager is handy, no? smiley

It may also help to know that if you create documents under a container document, they’ll have the published status of the parent.

You can also set whether a new document is published by default in the System Settings section.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting