We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    I was trying to sell my client on modx and he wanted to know about forum support, so I told him to just look at the forums here at modxcms.com. He tells me they look like crap.

So I look, and he’s right. Firefox3 (WinXP) is not loading the CSS for the forums AT ALL, even on modxcms.com.

I can enter this only because I switched to chrome.

• 24,544 Posts
      Quote from: lowelife at Mar 27, 2009, 05:03 PM

I was trying to sell my client on modx and he wanted to know about forum support, so I told him to just look at the forums here at modxcms.com. He tells me they look like crap.

So I look, and he’s right. Firefox3 (WinXP) is not loading the CSS for the forums AT ALL, even on modxcms.com.

I can enter this only because I switched to chrome.

That’s odd. The forums look fine to me in FF3 on Vista.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 2,314 Posts
        anonymized-26931 Reply #3, 15 years ago
        looking at it right now on FF3 Windows XP - everything’s fine!
        • The forums have looked exactly the same through Firefox 2 to 3 and 3.1.
            • 285 Posts
            PatrickSamphire Reply #5, 15 years ago
            I was using them all day using FF3 on Windows XP and they looked fine to me. You must have hit a temporary glitch, or something else is causing your problem.
              • 4,205 Posts
              I always use FF3 and never had any problems. I wonder why you and your client had difficulty?
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • 74 Posts
                Aha!

Sorry for the false alarm.

I had installed a plugin for testing WAP sites (wmlbrowser) and the forums obviously think I’m on a WAP browser.

That’s pretty funny. Or not, depending on your perspective.

Thanks all for your help.