We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 741 Posts
    I have a client that wants it’s modx site hosted on a server that has safe_mode on, the general requirements page of modx tells me that it needs to be off.

Can somebody tell me if modx 0.9.6.3 will work with safe_mode on?
      with regards,

Ronald Lokers
      'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• 741 Posts
      Nobody out the with experience about modx + safe_mode = on?

I’m still waiting for the login details so I can test it myself, but I think I will get problems with image uploading inside modx!
        with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• I suspect you’ll have an overall not-so-good experience.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 741 Posts
          I think you are right... But the customer wants to stay with it’s current hoster. Hopefully it does work as good as needed, or else I have to start a discussion with the client sad
            with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• You might proactively want to start planning your discussion, then. tongue
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 4,205 Posts
              you can work in safe-mode if your user has enough privileges. If you have a lesser user type it wont be able to load includes from system user (in other words any php generated stuff like the cahce for example). I have a few sites where the client required it remained on the current host which has safe-mode enabled, after much back-forth with the admin we were able to get it all working. But be prepared to become good friends with the server admin if you do not have full priviledges since you will need them to chown of the files from time to time smiley
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • 741 Posts
                Quote from: dev_cw at Mar 12, 2009, 03:42 PM

you can work in safe-mode if your user has enough privileges. If you have a lesser user type it wont be able to load includes from system user (in other words any php generated stuff like the cahce for example). I have a few sites where the client required it remained on the current host which has safe-mode enabled, after much back-forth with the admin we were able to get it all working. But be prepared to become good friends with the server admin if you do not have full priviledges since you will need them to chown of the files from time to time smiley

Ok... I think I need a little chat with the client then wink
                  with regards,

Ronald Lokers