We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 160 Posts
    I tried downloading both archives and they are all said to be corrupt. i used Winrar, Winzip and XP

I’ve downloaded previous versions without any problems

Any suggestions, or any alternative mirrors?
      • 5 Posts
      I was having the same problem which I discover that it only happened for me in IE 7. I used a different browser then everything was fine.
      • Hmmm, I just downloaded both onto my OS X and XP systems and both archives extracted fine; I used Unarchiver and PowerArchiver respectively. I suspect the issue may be because of gzip compression being applied to the site as a whole, and I will do some additional research to resolve this ASAP, but they should be fine to use despite any warnings in the meantime.

Quote from: MikePHall at Mar 04, 2009, 04:18 PM

I was having the same problem which I discover that it only happened for me in IE 7. I used a different browser then everything was fine.
        Hmm, interesting; I will review the headers and see if I can find the problem if that is the case...
          • 160 Posts
          i use firefox. i’ve tried downloading with firefox directly and with a download manager

i’ll get unarchiver and powerarchiver and see how that goes
            • 160 Posts
            oops. unarchiver is MAC and Powerarchiver is purchased

will try 7zip
              • 160 Posts
              7 zip also failed huh

is there any chance that I can get an alternative mirror or someone can send it to me by email?

i’ve tried downloading it with firefox,IE, Internet Download Manager,

i’ve tried extracting it with Windows Explorer,Winrar,7zip

Any help will be much appreciated
              • As described, output compression was being applied to the files inappropriately. It should be solved now.
                  • 160 Posts
                  thank-you for your assistance, but I re-downloaded and keep getting an error.

for Winrar: Unexpected end of archive

7-zip says it "cannot open the file as an archive"

Windows Explorer says "The compressed file is invalid/corrupt"

I guess i will settle for the modx-0.9.6.2 version i have until it gets sorted
                  • I think perhaps you might have other problems because I can download the archives and use them on OS X and Windows XP with no problem, even using various browsers.
                      • 160 Posts
                      Quote from: OpenGeek at Mar 06, 2009, 01:29 PM

I think perhaps you might have other problems because I can download the archives and use them on OS X and Windows XP with no problem, even using various browsers.
                      i have tried once again and i still get an error.

following your suggestion that i may be having other problems, i thought perhaps it was my connection that was erroneous and the file would get somehow corrupt in transit. So I downloaded the "First Template convert" add on (http://modxcms.com/extras.html?view=package/view&package=150) a few minutes ago. It opened and extracted without any errors.

I have no restrictions on downloads as I administer my own network and have previsouly, successfully downloaded the Modx versions files up to this point. I truly wouldnt come here to report it if it wasnt true

I would appreciate it if someone could perhaps mirror it or send it to me on [email protected]

Thank-you for the great product!