We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    >:(

I’m a day from going live on a website I’ve been working on and MODx just died. The site was working fine, as was the manager interface. I went to the resources tab and added a new snipped and saved it. Immediately, the manager interface seemed to lose its stylesheet, so I logged out. If I try to log back in, I only see a blank screen. Also, if I visit the site URL, it too is simply blank. No pages load, nothing!

There are errors written to the error log when I try to load the manager interface. Here are the lines:

[tt]
    [Thu Feb 26 11:08:29 2009] [error] [client 174.1.1.xxx] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/mysite.com/domains/www4.mysite.com/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html) [<a href=’function.fopen’>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite.com/domains/www4.mysite.com/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 129
    [Thu Feb 26 11:08:29 2009] [error] [client 174.1.1.xxx] PHP Warning: filesize() [<a href=’function.filesize’>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /home/mysite.com/domains/www4.mysite.com/public_html/manager/media/style//login.html in /home/mysite.com/domains/www4.mysite.com/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 130
    [Thu Feb 26 11:08:29 2009] [error] [client 174.1.1.xxx] PHP Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mysite.com/domains/www4.mysite.com/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 130
    [Thu Feb 26 11:08:29 2009] [error] [client 174.1.1.xxx] PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mysite.com/domains/www4.mysite.com/public_html/manager/includes/accesscontrol.inc.php on line 131
    [/tt]

I need to get this fixed asap as I have a ton of work to do on this site today. HELP!

HELP!
      • 25 Posts
      After chatting with OpenGeek on the IRC channel, my website is again up and running. The fix was to FTP the /install/ dir up to the server, run the install and tell it to "upgrade" my installation.

Hopefully this will help someone if they run into the same panic as I did.

I’m still not sure what the cause of this was, but as a precautionary measure, I’ve increased the amount of RAM available to php.