We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Hi,

I´m working on a pretty major site redesign for my ModX website. I do not work to work directly on the production site, so I want to make a local copy of the site first, and work on that. At the same time I want to update the site from 0.9.6.2-rc1 to the latest version. I am however having some problems.

I made a fresh local install of ModX 0.9.6.3. Then I used a SQL dump from the old site, and imported it into the new version. This imported my old documents, but not the templates, snippets etc. Since I am doing a major rewrite of the code anyway, I figured I would just manually copy the few snippets I will be reusing. But then I discovered that any changes I am making to the content section of the old documents, are not being written to the database. Neither editing the old documents in the manager or through Quckedit works. I just can´t understand why this is.

Obviously I must be going about this in the wrong way, and I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on the best way to set up a local ModX 0.9.6.3 version and then import the content from an old 0.9.2-rc1 into it?

-Kyle
      • 24,544 Posts
      It sounds like your SQL dump only dumped the site_content table for some reason. You should be able to tell by looking in the dump file. You should be able to dump the other relevant tables and import them too (site_templates, site_snippets, site_htmlsnippets, etc.). Be sure you’ve used the same table prefix on both sites.

My only guess on your other problem is that you now have more than one database and your changes are going to the wrong one. The database name is specified in manager/includes/config.inc.php for each site. Check that against the actual DBs shown in PhpMyAdmin.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting