We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    As the subject states, I’m working on both moving a site from one server to another as well as upgrading Modx from 0.9.5 -> 0.9.6.3. I’ve got it moved and upgraded however, under the Tools -> Configuration -> Interface & Features . . I can no longer choose the RTE to use. The menu just says ’none.’ The TinyMCE plugin 3.2.0.1 is installed and active but for some reason cannot select it to use.

Any ideas? Should I just try to re-install/upgrade modx all together? huh rolleyes
      • 208 Posts
      This happened to me also, to solve my problem I needed to go to TOOLS>CONFIGURATION select tab called >Interface & Features

Now scroll down and there is a tick box called Enable editor:

If that is selected as NO then this is your problem just need to tick the yes box hit save and your done.

That was my issue.

Cheers
        • 4,205 Posts
        Make sure that you uploaded the updated tinymce files. The updater only updates the plugin code in the database.
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 103 Posts
          Quote from: ian_m at Jan 29, 2009, 06:13 PM

This happened to me also, to solve my problem I needed to go to TOOLS>CONFIGURATION select tab called >Interface & Features

Now scroll down and there is a tick box called Enable editor:

If that is selected as NO then this is your problem just need to tick the yes box hit save and your done.

That was my issue.

Cheers

Yeah, that was ticked yes still, no selection coming up for the ’editor to use’ menu. I’m starting over. It may be due to the fact I did an ’Advanced’ install instead of ’Upgrade’
            • 103 Posts
            Re-uploaded everything, and did the install again. This time, selecting ’Upgrade’ and it worked ok this go.