We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    Hey all,

First of all thanks for this great CMF, I have been using it for quit some time now, but now I’d like to use it more professionally.
    Before I can do this though all things that can interfere with a good user experience should be exterminated,
    so I did some testing today and found some bugs, wich would be nice if they where squashed in the next release or so smiley

Testplatform:
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    FF 3.0.5 / Safari 3.2.1
    New installation of MODx 0.9.6.3 using default settings

Login manager
    - Alignment of some parts is a bit messy (see image below).

Site -> Document create / editor
    - Alignment of 2 question mark buttons is not correct (see image below).

- The "Scrollup" text is aligned under the Save / Delete / Cancel buttons (see image below).

- The "Document alias" help button alert contains plain newlines (see image below).

- When you click on a document and you click on the "Move" button when you press on the "Cancel" button you get redirected to the Main page instead of the selected document;
    - On several pages the top buttons are not aligned consistently, for example the editing a document and viewing the document pages (see images below).

Site -> Document create / editor -> Insert / edit link -> FCK Editor Resources Browser
    - The list files you can upload by default only contains the old Microsoft document formats like "doc" and "xls",
    you might wanna consider updating this list with some more commenly used file extensions like "docx" / "odt" / "xlsx" / "ods" / "pptp" / "pptx" / "odp"
    - By default files are not uploadable.
    -- Fix 1: "assets/files" should be made writable;
    -- Prevention: Installer should check that the "assets/files" directory is writable.

Site -> Document create / editor -> Insert / edit embedded media -> FCK Editor Resources Browser
    - By default Flash files are not uploadable.
    -- Fix 1: "assets/flash" should be made writable;
    -- Fix 2: In the resource browser should be a Resource Type of "Flash";
    -- Prevention: Installer should check that the "assets/flash" directory is writable.

- By default Media files are not uploadable.
    -- Fix: "assets/media" directory should be made writable;
    -- Prevention: Installer should check that the "assets/media" directory is writable.

- Also you can select for example a .mp3 file and then put the type on flash, dunno if that should be possible?

Tools -> Configuration -> File Manager
    - Uploadable File Types contains a duplicate "txt"
    - Uploadable File Types contains the extensions from the "Uploadable Media Types" but misses the extensions from "Uploadable Flash Types" and "Uploadable Image Types".

Translations
    Wasn’t able to provide a translation for the following texts because they are hard coded in the php / sql files:
    - "The site is currently unavailable";
    - "Your login details";
    - "[email protected]";
    Following translations are not applied when you change the language (This ofcourse is logical when a user changed the text to something else but when there are no changes to it it should pickup the default text):
    - system_email_signup
    - system_email_websignup

Translation -> English
    - I saw some errors in this file asswel while making fixes in the dutch translations.

Translation -> Dutch
    - Also the dutch translation of MODx contains alot of language errors, I am still working on the file so hoping to be posting it soon, also there is no dutch translation for the installer if I got the time I can make one.

I hope this will help out others to, thanks in advanced.

Grz,
    Stefan van Zanden
    SVZ Solutions

Update:
    - Removed links to images.
    • Thanks Stefan. The best way for these to get addressed is to submit them as patches to the 1.0 source code in our bugtracker. Think you can get those in?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 42 Posts
        Ok, I found it, ill put each issue in it, thanks.
          • 42 Posts
          Ok done.. I grouped the issues and made 6 issues in the bugtracker, but I have put them under version 0.9.6.3, hope I didnt do it wrong tongue

Grz,
          Stefan
          • Did you by chance include patches to correct the usability issues? That’s the fastest way to making sure they are fixed. wink
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 42 Posts
              Nope sry, dont like to fix something I don’t know that well yet, might fix something and break something else ;-)

Besides I am working on the Dutch translation files atm (213 rows done and 813 to go) and after that I am going to find out how to make a dutch translation for the installer smiley

And if I am still bored ill prob be checking the translations for the various plugins / modules or create them if needed tongue.

Grz,
              Stefan