We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    hi there

i installed a fresh modx (latest stable), everything works fine (no warnings during install), but i am not able to use the configuration-tool in the manager.
    database looks fine (39 tables).

it shows my just one tab, where i can choose the name of the website, followed by the language dropdown, which is empty, no languages to choose.
    every further configuration is not visible (and also not present in firebug). i do not get any page errors, so it seems to be a serverside issue.

modx_system_settings table in phpmyadmin looks right. i already tried to use a dump from an other install only for this table, no success.
    well, i can still configure modx via phpmyadmin, but i am not feeling comfortable developing a website on a system which already looks buggy at the beginning.

system:
    * linux apache2
    * php5 (phpinfo is disabled so i can not figure out the exact version)
    * mysql 5.0.70-log
    * MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
    * MySQL connection collation: utf8_general_ci (collation for all tables alike)

hope someone can help me.

all the best
    marc
      • 1,336 Posts
      Have you tried clearing the site cache, i.e log into manger, clear the cache, log out then in again.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • Sounds also like it could also be a corrupt upload.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 13 Posts
          hi there, thanks for giving me some hints..

i do not think the upload is corrupt, i uploaded it again in a different folder, dropped the db and did a fresh install. same problem.
          i also installed rc1 and rc2, still the same. site cache is empty (isn’t the cache just for the pages visible to the user?).

i uploaded modx stable on my testing machine, and here it’s working. it uses the same database-server, but different db.
          so i guess it’s not mysql. but it runs on a different webserver, i guess it might have something to do with php. on my testing server
          it tells me that i should disable register_globals, on the productive one, this isn’t the case. so i guess, the php configuration is different
          which might cause the problem.

i will get in contact with my server administrator to see what might cause this problem, but if you have any further ideas, i would be
          really thankfull.
            • 1,336 Posts
            Which linux distro are you using?
              Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
              • 13 Posts
              solved:

it was the php-configuration, i had to enable the following for php:

system(), phpinfo(), dir(), exec(), popen(), readfile(), proc_open/get/close/terminate()

now it’s working. because some of those options are not really secure to use in a public environement, which one are needed by modx?

thanks for all the support. hope modx will continue getting better and better, like it a lot.

regards
              marc

• 18 Posts
                I’ve had the same problem with this. I’m sure it’s been fixed since, but just in case anyone else is trying to fix it, you need to add an "ob_start();" before the foreach on line 1334 of /manager/actions/mutate_settings.dynamic.php.
                  • 31 Posts
                  I have just deployed a fresh MODx 1.0.2 running on * mysql 5.0.77 (UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)) * MySQL connection collation: utf8_unicode_ci* and I am facing the same problem.

I have got the configuration setting after the first login, but once I have saved the first time the configuration in tools is loading a blank page.

Any help will be appreciated!
                  THANKS
                    MODx is way ahead... Thanks for your work!
                    • 31 Posts
                    Any thoughts? Still the same problem sad idnt manage to get it working. THe config ta is just not showing anything sad
                      MODx is way ahead... Thanks for your work!