We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 236 Posts
    I get the error "Error Calling Calendar: parameter specified is not valid target control"

Any one have a clue, it’s on a client’s live site and they use dates quite a bit.
      ~Shawn Himmelberger
      Check out my MODx Development and MODx Design Company - Himmelberger Design
    • See if the TV name has a non-alphanumeric character or space in it (e.g. -, _, etc.). If so, try changing it to only alphanumeric characters and see if that solves the problem. Recent changes to solve problems with saving TV values seem to have caused new issues with certain types of TVs like this...
        • 236 Posts
        No dice ... if we can’t come up with anything I’ll have to roll it back tonight, is this possible by uploading the old 9.6.2 install files?

~Shawn Himmelberger
          Check out my MODx Development and MODx Design Company - Himmelberger Design
          • 31 Posts
          Thanks for that tip. Removing the underscore character in the TV name fixed the problem for me.
            illegitimati non carborundum
            • 388 Posts
            I’m seeing this error problem as well. The TV name has no special characters.

I’m in still in development, so I’ve been changing a bunch of stuff so I haven’t been able to track down which change might have caused this.

I’m using FDM to poplulate the date fields with date validation on the field. I also had a date widget on the TV in the modx manager. I"ve since removed both from the form and the TV, but I’m still getting the error.

After the FDM document is created, I can edit the doc with no error. However, the 2nd time I edit the document the error appears.

The manager is also displaying the date tv twice. I’m unable to edit either one. I can highlight the content of the field, but can’t delete or change it.

I’ve attached an image of the duplicate field.
              www.terrybarthdesign.com
              • 2,310 Posts
              Strange coincidence, I’ve just had one document showing a listbox TV twice.
              I deleted the document, put the content into a new one and am back to just the one TV again.
              This is a new 0.9.6.3 install.
                • 388 Posts
                I’m wondering if there is some interaction between the eform field validation used by FDB on the front-end and the TV type used by manager?

I’ve got a date field in an FDM form to populate a TV. If I remove the TV type of date in the manager and the date validation on the FDM form the manager does not display two TVs.

I’m going to see if I can narrow this down a bit, but will be a bit of trial and error I’m afraid.
                  www.terrybarthdesign.com
                  • 388 Posts
                  Progress Report

I found a combination that seems to be working now.

The date field in the FDM form includes eform validation.
                  The TV has an input type of Date but doesn’t use the Date Widget, instead it uses unixtime.
                  The Date TV is formated using PHx on site pages.

I think the formatting from the TV date widget and the output of the eform validation weren’t playing well together.

Thoughts?
                    www.terrybarthdesign.com
                    • 388 Posts
                    Well the duplicate TVs have returned. (see previous posts)

Unlike the previous ocurrences, this TV is not part of an FDM form and has no date or field validation. This is a checkbox used only in the manager.

This site has been up and running for months, but this just started. It seems to be occurring only on one template, which I created recently. The only thing that seems unique about this template is that I’m using Phx on several TVs (athough not on the field that is being duplicated).

Anyone know what’s going on with this?

Modx 9.6.2
                    php 5.2.9
                    MySQL 5.0.75
                    PHX 2.1.3
                      www.terrybarthdesign.com