We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Relatively few snippets have been ported/validated with Revo, though doing so is relatively straightforward. I’ll let Shaun pick up the discussion from here since he can offer valid insight into your particular situation once there’s a clearer picture of your site and content. Revo is also still in beta, so keep that in mind. Among other things, the tag syntax has changed, too.

I still would guess that you’d be better served by a custom database for many of the documents you have currently. What type of content is on your site? What Add-ons are you using, specifically?
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 32 Posts
      how to use a custom database for the content? we are running several ma programs for a university via internet (elearning). all our content/ learning stuff is provided by modx ; ) 3 programs, 3 runs, each with 13 modules, each of 15 units, each unit of about 100 ids minimum.

i will pm the snippets etc.
      • We’re in the final stages of a version 1.0 launch of a very robust elearning system in which we created a custom module for managing courses, enrollments, students, managers/teachers, quizzes, etc. The actual MODx resources (pages) that display the courses—and you can have essentially unlimited content—are down to about 15 pages in the site tree total for the different views.
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 32 Posts
          ... incl the button "import all content from 0.9.6" ; )
          amount of snippet is 290kbyte.
          what is that database idea?
            • 32 Posts
            we are "tunneling" blackboard with modx at the moment and thinking about extending the modx system for/as a personalized learning environment...
            hm seems that we are too late. ; ) Is there a descriptions about the functions of your upcoming systems. Sounds interesting.
            • Think Moodle a bit scaled back and without the confusion and dated administration UI. In other words, it’s actually fast and easy to create content modules (even with inline Flash, video or audio) and quizzes. Our quiz question types are limited currently however, and are geared strictly towards fully automated test grading.