We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    I had a textarea TV that was used as a "full story" for my custom news script (using Ditto/Reflect/Jot).

Was there a change in the final 0.9.6.3 release for TV’s? Because I’ve noticed every one of my Full Story textareas are blank for all of the old news posts...
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
    • It certainly shouldn’t have this issue. Have you checked the database to see if the values still exist? Also can you provide some more information about your custom news script ... would be helpful to see the actual code really.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 925 Posts
        Looking further into it, I think this occurred when I upgraded to one of the RC builds of 0.9.6.3. I don’t know which one, however. I’m not seeing the text in the database either.

Basically, I made a "News Archives" template that had [*fullstory*] as TV call to output the Full Story, and {{Full Story}} to create the link on the list of news when viewing multiple news stories at once. Ditto grouped them together into document groups for me, Reflect created the archives, and Jot powers the comments.

The only thing I can think is that some bug or something during the RC upgrade (since some of the TV’s backend code was upgraded). Oddly enough, none of the other TV’s seem to be affected by it, so I dunno what could have caused it. It wasn’t the final version, because a news story that was done before the upgrade last night still works.
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • Sounds fair ... going to cautiously mark this one as solved. Please continue to beat it up!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me