We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    Just ouuta curiosity, why did you guys switch from mootools to jquery as the default js framework. I remember when I was first using modx back in the day it was mootools based (at least the manager I believe) and now it looks like jq. No preference on my end, but was was the thinking behind it?
    • I think it came down to a question of what is easier to support/find developers. Mootools is very powerful, but jQuery just better aligns with what contributors are wanting. (Manager Manager, Doc Manager, Content History, and a list of other add-ons if I recall correctly)

There was a post somewhere regarding this question, if you search you may be able to find it.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 5,888 Posts
        I think Content History doesn’t belong to the list of jquery-based add-ons.
          -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • The MODX Revolution manager is built on top of ExtJS by Sencha - it’s a JS framework that allowed the core devs to work on core stuff, and not spend ages whipping up something of their own.

Personally I like jQuery better.. it just makes sense to me and there’s always support when needed.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.