We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,010 Posts
    Whoa....ha!

MODx is starting to freak me grin This is so cool man! Picked up a few typo’s in my snippet straight away...

I did notice though that teh highlighting fails if there’s a lot of comments at the top of the snippet. I looked at several snippets and each time if it has lot’s of comments the code doesn’t highlight anymore. Come to think of it this may have to do with (single) quote’s in comments. The highlighter colors text in quotes, even in comments I noticed. Offcourse a single - single quote isn’t unusual in comments. Hmm,.. I’ll take that up with the developer I think.
      • 7,075 Posts
      Did anyone of you have a path problem with the plugin ?

I get this error (with 0.9.5 rev 1732) :

Not Found
      The requested URL /assets/plugins/codepress/codepress.html was not found on this server.

I have checked typing http://www.mydomain.tld/assets/plugins/codepress/codepress.html the file is there alright.
      I am guessing it’s a path problem.

ta.parentNode.innerHTML+= '<iframe onload="setCode();" style="border:none; margin:0; padding:0; width:100%; height:400px;" id="codepress" src="/assets/plugins/codepress/codepress.html"></iframe><br />';

It seems it’s a relative path, might be what’s causing this...

Edit : It’s indeed a path problem.
      I have harcoded the full url instead of relative path and it’s working as expected...
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
      • This is a great addon smiley

Thanks., grin
          http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
          UK MODX Hosting with love.
          • 1,842 Posts
          Very nice ! Thx a lot wink
            • 1,732 Posts
            Man I’ve been looking for something like this for years! Were on earth did you find it?

It’s WONDERFUL!!

Bye bye Textarea!

xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
            • The Codepress syntax highlighter is really nice!

This is another one I’m keeping my eye on: http://www.cdolivet.net/editarea/ EditArea is a bit buggy at the moment but has oodles of potential.
                Garry Nutting
                Senior Developer
                MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                Twitter: @garryn
                Web: modx.com
                • 283 Posts
                The demo of EditArea is Huge. shocked If we can integrate this with MODx it will be very handy to manage code. CodePress doesn’t manage the mouse selection but EditAera does, and I like the search/replace feature.
                Any volunteer to test the integration in a MODx plugin.
                • EditArea is really buggy in MODx (I did an experimental plugin to test it out) - I had to make some changes to the JS script to make it work. I’ll send some feedback to the developer and see if I can get some progress on the issues.
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 215 Posts
                    From my experience, EditArea doesn’t work at all in Firefox running under Linux... CodePress is really fast and seems to be actively developed.
                      • 398 Posts
                      Great stuff !
                        Armand Pondman
                        MODx Coding Team
                        :: Jot :: PHx