We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    A running website (Evolution) I developed, needs further development on request of the owner (extension with YAMS and some other changes).

Before I start I will try to avoid deployment problems upfront, by knowing some howto’s.

I will start the development by copying the whole site to the - still existing - development environment, on the same remote hosted server. I don expect any problems for that.

But when I’m ready - and the elapse time will be long, it is just a hobby - the website’s owner most possibly updated a large part of the site’s content: text, images and whatever.

When deploying the upgraded (I hope!!) version, I have to be sure that all the content is kept and I need some support for that. E.g. which MySQL tables to keep (or export before and re-import later) which files/folder to keep, BASE_URL issues etc. etc. I think a table like "site_content" has to be kept, but are the identifiers used there linked to other tables or not (I don’t know the data model)? etc. So more questions than things I know now...

The only result that I’m looking for, is an upgraded website with kept content (and possibly some new empty pages, but that’s part of the deal when making it bilingual).

BTW: for those who are interested: the (Dutch) site is http://www.janwillemtroost.nl/, and I planned to add an English branch with YAMS.

Any support is very welcome.

Hans Troost
      Best regards,

Hans Troost

email-name: ht.lists email-domain gmail.com