We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • On an Evo 1.0.5 site, I’m having a hell of a time uploading images using the image uploader. E.g. login, navigate to a page, do the quick-edit button. There’s an image TV, click on the "insert" button, find a local image on my desktop and click "upload". The upload always hangs at 50%. There are no errors thrown in PHP, Apache, or in MODx. At first I thought it was a security error with Apache’s mod-sec module, but the problem persists even after disabling that.

The problematic file seems to boil down to:
    /manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php

I’m playing around with that to see if I can get some info to be logged. Here’s what I’ve changed:

$fckphp_config['Debug']=true;
    $fckphp_config['DebugOutput']="fck_conn_dbg";

#Log PHP errors
    $fckphp_config['Debug_Errors']=true;
    $fckphp_config['Debug_Trace']=true;

#Log Connector output
    $fckphp_config['Debug_Output']=true;

But it seems to be a lot of binary data with not much info here as to what might be going on, other than it seems to be crawling through ALL images in the upload folder and trying to generate a thumbnail (?).

Anyone have any ideas here? Thanks.
      • 26 Posts
      Hallo Everett,
      hope you found a solution in the last month ;-) if not, my idea: it might be a malformed file name that causes problems with the FCK editor. I had a lot of struggle with umlauts i.e. Malformed file must be deleted from the database manually...
      • Thanks -- no, I didn’t try umlauts specifically, but I did ensure that filenames were simple alphabetical characters. I still couldn’t get this to happen reliably enough... and I still couldn’t find much data in the logs that indicated what might be going on.