We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    Is this possible? Creating a template variable with a listbox or multiple checkbox that allowed you to select several parents for one resource? Thanks in advance!
      • 307 Posts
      hi,

well it’s quite easy to do with a custom TV, the only thing is i wonder what you’re going to do with this smiley

have swing
        réfléchir avant d'agir
        • 358 Posts
        I think one will make you happy
        http://modx.com/extras/package/related
          • 46 Posts
          well if you check out the modx site im building at showmedia.dev.agriya.com, and navigate to any of the pages under "Our Networks", you’ll see under the "Related Projects" section of those pages that I have several projects there; each of them, obviously, a resource. I also have another page called "All Projects". I basically want to fix it so that when my client publishes a resource in the "related projects" field of any page that not only does it get published to that particular parent (the specific "Network"), but also, automatically, to the "All Projects" page. Makes sense? Thanks everyone, btw.
            • 307 Posts
            hi,

then, what you need is not really having mutiple parents (that will keep somehow virtual as there always will only be one in the db) but simply use ditto to fetch and display any peculiar field of a serie of children pages in any ressource you want, their parent or not

actually, the same way you would display the last news title on a home page

Have swing
              réfléchir avant d'agir