We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 305 Posts
    I was wondering if anyone could throw some suggestions my way for my project:

This is what I am trying to achieve. An events calender. Most third party events calenders (almost all) charge per event scheduled to use their sofware. My client is unwilling to accept this because they have lower participation than many other organizations and are non profit.

So with Modx module I am hoping to achieve an events area, with a payment option, a sign up form that puts the attendees in the database, with a mailing list program to send out e-mails, and the ability to print out reports of attendees who paid and did not pay for the event.

Currently I am looking at these modules: Easy Events, Treasure Chest, and TXNewsletter. Even if I can configure all the add ons to work together, I am still missing an easy sign up form and printable reports for that sign up form. So for one is there an add on that has a sign up form and has the ability to print the results from the database?

So far I haven’t been able to configure TXNewsletter, and treasure chest requires each page to have the code from the cart. My client will not be able to easily add a payment button (like a normal shopping cart) to an event easily. I haven’t tried to install Easy Events yet, but I believe that part will work. I know that I can install zen cart to achieve the easy Paypal button creation, and I can put a great third party autoresponder (another program), but I am still missing the ability to collect attendees and print out reports of those who pay and did not pay (so they can collect at the event). And even with this method the client now needs to log into 3 or 4 control panels instead of just one.

If you have any suggestions within or outside of Modx it would be greatly appreciated and would save me alot of time. undecided
      Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
      • 964 Posts
      Check WebLoginPE for an excellent "member/subscription" addon,
      dont know if it can print auto but I am sure it can be coded.
        MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
        • 305 Posts
        Charliez,

Thank you for your suggestion. Today when I was away a lightbulb went off (After 2 days). I can implent every feature I want with Zen Cart. The easy pament button, newsletter, online subscription, reports, mailing list, even the newsletter can all be accomplished with Zen cart (and modx of course). Zen cart has an easy module implementation system which is what I have been struggling with Modx (maybe it’s because I am not a developer). So I will implement Modx with the zen cart and achieve all of my goals easily (Modx base and zen cart for functionality).

Thank you for your time and suggestion smiley
          Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/