We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Bounty systems can actually work, yeah. Alex Shiels (aka Zem) has used this system for a few textpattern plugin (and even created a plugin for the purpose of collecting donations zem_dropcash).

The bounty was not set very high (around 100$) but it worked, people donated and the plugin got released (GPLed as usual). I did not see this system very often, but I guess it a good one : people won’t mind giving a few bucks for a nice useful plugin smiley

Nice idea, don’t know why I didn’t think of it...

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 1,495 Posts
      Kewll...

That’s a good idea, and it’s pretty rare to see that sort of things out there. But one thing that I have in mind, we need to build our communitu first.

If we have less people in our community, more newbie or newcomer will given up in first place, even before they try to donate a little bit of money on it.

As for Ryan, I should have agreed with you. First thing first, building foundation is a good way to start when we start to have a lot of interest in MODx, and then we start building the right structure.

As for now, all we need to do is make sure that we get the right copyright issue with MODx, and start building a community that filled with a lot of active participant that are willing to help.

We do need to talk about this again though, so I believe a meeting before christmas or after new year would be a great way to start for MODx having their own milsetone in both program, community system, and etc.

Looking forward to hear back from you all.

Regards,
      Wendy Novianto
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media