We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hi guys,

I had just post my problem ti French forum as it mostly concern special french accent.
    I have a problem with MODx 0.9.2.2 (rev 1923) using php 5.1.6 and apache 2.

when I create a chunk with french accent (wherever I use an accentuated character : name box, description box or source code box), I have the following error :
    Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /manager/index.php could not be found on this server.

This is a bit problematic !

For information, I have an other site based on MODx 0.9.2.1 (rev 1005) on the same server and there is no such problem (then same config apache with modsecurity and php version).

I would like to keep up 2 date with the latest bugfix and secured released (0.9.2.2) but I feel like I’ll get into trouble if I go for dev on this release.

Any clue ?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance for any suggestion.

oho.
      • 26 Posts
      OK,

I beleive I have a work-around :
      I had changed encoding to unicode (UTF-8) - utf-8 from Western European ISO (iso-8859-1) (that I had previously).

That make the trick even if I have some wierd characters on the administration panel text (litle trouble) - as I use French Language for Administration menu.

O.
        • 26 Posts
        Hi again,

in fact, wierd caracters side effects are problematic. "é" are displayed as "?" and this cause disfunction within my custom modules and snippets (as I do some string comparaison witin the snippet).

I’m getting lost and do not know how to fix it.
        If I go for Western European ISO iso-8859-1 I have my corrects char. but cannot create snippets with french char string within the database without having the bug.
        If I go for utf-8 it’s mostly fixed but I face new disfunctions because of some char are not correctly encoded.

Please any advice would be appreciated.
        In fact, I’m not sure this is really 0.9.2.1 related (I’m being confused as I have a 0.9.2.1 version working correctly).
        I beleive I’ll try to go back to 0.9.2.1 for this site, but that’s a pity as I undestood there is soem security problems.
        Should I directly try 0.9.2.5 ? is it stable enough , I plan to build a production site here (not a comercial one).

oho.
          • 26 Posts
          Hi again,

sorry, cause I feel like spaming by being the only one replying on my posts ! undecided

I found out that my problem is related to mod_security and that a work-around is to set "SecFilterEngine Off".
          There is just a litle thing I cannot understand and if someone have an idea, I’ll be happy to hear it :
          normaly a litle hack of MODx root site .htaccess with :
          <IfModule mod_security.c>
             # Turn off mod_security filtering.
             SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
             SecFilterScanPOST Off
          </IfModule>

should do the trick

But in my case It doesn’t work until I change it for all sites on apache mod_security.conf file itself. undecided
          I have the feeling that the root .htaccess file hack have no effect (on my MODx 0.9.2.2 site version) .
          For information, the .htaccess hack have effect for an other runing MODx site on same server but with 0.9.2.1 version. huh

Do you guys think the problem can be linked to 0.9.2.2 release, or it’s me having really personal wierd behavior ?
            • 1,097 Posts
            0.9.5 is stable enough and has been tested by more people (and more French people) than 0.9.2.2 so it is probably the best thing to use. Then you can see if your settings are right.

If you have register_globals set to ’off’ in your phpInfo, then 0.9.2.2 is not as urgent.
              No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
              MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
              Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
              Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
              Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
              MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
              • 26 Posts
              Thanx for the info PaulGregory.
              Indeed, I have register_globals set to ’off’. And I’m happy to hear that 0.9.5 should be stable enough. I will probably test it also then.

In fact, I have to apology because of my thread is doing overhead for nothing around here as I finaly find out that it was my personal settings that was wrongly configured.

My mistake was on my virtualhost config were I had completly forgotten to set up the ’Directory’ directive !!! rolleyes

the missing part withing apache 2.2 VirtualHost directive was:
              <Directory "/var/web/www.mysite.org">
                  AllowOverride All
                  Order allow,deny
                  Allow from all
              </Directory>

Now that I have corrected this, I can ’SecFilterEngine Off’ directly within my .htaccess root site.

Sorry again for so much post because of me being not to smart for this world ... grin

oho.
                • 1,097 Posts
                With any luck, anyone in the same situation will find this post, so it will be helpful.
                  No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
                  MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                  Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                  Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                  Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                  MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!