We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    Have you guys ever try to turn on this thing?
    $modx->stopOnNotice = false;

It’s located on your index.php. Does it has a problem with @INHERIT binding?
    I’m using it a lot on my site design, and if I turn this on, I can’t access my site at all.

Here is the error message
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error: 	Undefined offset: 1	 
      Error type/ Nr.: 	Notice - 8	 
      File: 	/home/.fierce/novsun/novsun.net/MODx_v1.9.1/manager/includes/tmplvars.commands.inc.php	 
      Line: 	18	 
      Line 18 source: 	list($cmd,$param) = ParseCommand($nvalue); 	 

Parser timing
      MySQL: 	0.0084 s s	(3 Requests)
      PHP: 	0.1385 s s	 
      Total: 	0.1469 s s

FYI, I use 3 TV, and one of them as a RTE. All three of them have default value set to @INHERIT.
    Then in the parent page, I just put whatever that I want for this to be inherited acros the child page. In child folder, I also modify some of the TV according to the layout. Is there any known bug for this? I mean it’s not to big of a deal though, but knowing that it has a small error inside the system is not something good to know smiley

Any help will be great.
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • 7,075 Posts
      I do not have an answer there but :

Quote from: Djamoer at Jan 26, 2006, 09:13 PM

Have you guys ever try to turn on this thing?
      $modx->stopOnNotice = false;
      It’s located on your index.php.

Not yet and thanks for the tip, could help me in the future...

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 1,495 Posts
        Confirmed!

After spending almost an hour trying all possibility to break the minimal template on default installation, I found out the cause to this error.

When I set @INHERIT as the default value for TV, then I assign that TV to some template, which is I use minimal template, and leave the TV on that specific page using template minimal to default value, which is suppose to be @INHERIT, then you will encounter the error. This is only show up when the debug mode turned on.

Can somebody confirmed this for me please?
        Thanks
          Wendy Novianto
        • I suspect your analysis is correct Wendy. Time for a bugtrack report! laugh
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,495 Posts
            Yep, I did that yesterday. I;m looking forward for this to be fix on the next release smiley Thanks to all the core developer.
              Wendy Novianto
              • 1,495 Posts
              I found this error again.

« MODx Parse Error »
              MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
              « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
                Error: 	Undefined index: 	 
                Error type/ Nr.: 	Notice - 8	 
                File: 	/home/.fierce/novsun/novsun.net/MODx_v1.9.1/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php	 
                Line: 	2024	 
                Line 2024 source: 	if ($this->loadedjscripts[$src]) 	 

Parser timing
                MySQL: 	0.0111 s s	(3 Requests)
                PHP: 	0.0753 s s	 
                Total: 	0.0865 s s

I haven’t got time to work on it yet, but I’ll see where this problem coming from. Any response to this will be great. It happens even when I didn’t use any snippet calling on my script at all, except TVs and chunks.
                Wendy Novianto
                • 680 Posts
                Well, I guess I’m a little late to the party. I can tell you though that this will definitely be fixed in the next release. If anyone would really like a patch before then I’ll work on getting one out.

However, I wouldn’t worry about getting Notices in the code because they really are nothing more than that. They do not reflect porblems with the code but just a warning that PHP thinks there could be something wrong with the code.
                  • 1,495 Posts
                  Adam, so is this problem you’re talking about is for the TV or for the loadjscript?
                  I think we are all fine with the current MODx. We’ll just wait for the next release, because this is not to big of a deal. wink
                    Wendy Novianto
                    • 680 Posts
                    I have fixed both of these issues and the fixes will be released with 0.9.2.
                      • 1,495 Posts
                      That’s so cool adam. Thanks
                        Wendy Novianto