We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 258 Posts
    Totalyl agreed that it’s a matter of preference. This issue came up for me because I wanted to check the error logs for any broken links and such. Is there anything broken with the method I suggested though? Will it break anything? BTW, my Apache ErrorDocument URL will still point to a ModX page, just this way the actualy broken request gets logged.
    • I can’t see any reason why passing everything but the broken requests to the MODx page would cause an issue... however, how does it know what a broken link is with no real files on the server? IOW... the site files are built virtually from the database.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 258 Posts
        By the time sendErrorPage function has been called, ModX has decided it doesn’t know what to do with the request. So I agree with sending the user to a pretty error page, but shouldn’t we differentiate this redirect in the logs as something other than a normal redirect?