We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 577 Posts
    GUI is not intuitive enough.

confusing -- I should say is a better word :’(

1.) new module (button) -- gives me the impression that I can "install" a new module. doh, clicking gives me a chance to build one ... to advanced for me at the moment.

2.) icon -- like I "don’T" read the manual so how in the blazes would I know what to do next. yeah, yeah, it’s in the small print next to the cute icon of the cd and the box. errr, like I said I don’t read the manual. I just want point and click simplicity.

3.) search -- errr ... I thought it would connect me to the mothership of module availability -- I got "1" -- yes one module installed. looks I don’t need to search too far to find what I’m looking for.

4.) configuration (password) -- are we hackable safe? I hope so cuz if somebody got into the manager they just got my password for SMF !

5.) explanation which takes up space : "Here you can add/edit Modules. A Module is a collection of resources (e.g. plugins, snippets, etc)." errr -- I already see "Create/ edit Module" I guess I need some more help wink

Ok, sorry to be rough but I’m thinking big time here grin
      Tangent-Warrior smiley
      • 1,732 Posts
      Thanks Carsten,

What suggestions do you have for the interface and can you assist in creating something for us to work with?

xWisdom
        www.xwisdomhtml.com
        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • 577 Posts
        already working on my next post smiley

Thanks for taking this the right way !!!

Creation is not my strong point (or forte so to say) I’m more of layout/white space type of guy ... I love fiddling with moving things around and such. I’m going at complaining, whinning, and bitchin’ though grin
          Tangent-Warrior smiley
          • 1,732 Posts
          Quote from: Carsten at Jul 22, 2005, 05:18 PM

already working on my next post smiley

Thanks for taking this the right way !!!

Creation is not my strong point (or forte so to say) I’m more of layout/white space type of guy ... I love fiddling with? moving things around and such.? I’m going at complaining, whinning, and bitchin’ though grin

We work to please each other smiley No man is an island, no man stands alone
            xWisdom
            www.xwisdomhtml.com
            The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
            MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
            • 1,131 Posts
            Quote from: xwisdom at Jul 22, 2005, 05:20 PM

We work to please each other smiley No man is an island, no man stands alone

"SO SAY WE ALL!!"

Sorry...couldn’t resist the cheesy Battlestar Galactica quote. wink
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • lol

Good usability stuff Carsten, and not a tangent at all!

I really want to focus on the manager interface for TP4 and a preliminary resource installer built-in to the manager.

That and to start really growing the support site, solidifying the team structure, and planning for HUGE things. laugh
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 577 Posts
                sniff sniff ... nobody asked me to join their team yet sad

hehe, ahhhh, errrr, I just flooded the forums with several gui comments (hehe, that’s a nice way of saying -- riping on the current setup)

So, Ryan, you’ve got a biffy listed already started for the TP4 list wink ahh, I should say me started a posting flurry smiley
                  Tangent-Warrior smiley
                • So, Ryan, you’ve got a biffy listed already started for the TP4 list

LOL... what does that mean? (seriously)
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 577 Posts
                    ugh, 4;30 am me time. I probably ment "buffed up" or "spiffed up" list. lolo, been posting too many ideas at one time and lost my train of thought already.

sorry wink
                      Tangent-Warrior smiley
                    • LOL ... tangent warrior strikes again!