We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 75 Posts
    I really really like MODx and have used it quite extensively last year, since 0.9.6.2.
    I can manage to use Joomla aswell, but quite simply put, MODx is far easier to achieve simple, but common things right out of the box.

So I am a little bit surprised the new Evolution 1.0.0 introduced some new errors:
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
    Timestamp: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:55:02 UTC

Line: 449
    Char: 4
    Code: 0

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    Line: 0
    Char: 0

At first I thought it was only because TinyMCE, but hey, I´ve been using TinyMCE for as long as it has been published, and it always worked on 0.9.6.3.
    Besides, disabling it doesn’t get rid of the parsing error.

It’s the same thing on every new install, and it only works correctly in IE6, Opera, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
    IE 7 and 8 just won´t show TinyMCE.

So, I tried using TinyMCE when editing chunks, just to check Tiny...
    Here it works, as it should.

So... Hmmm. What to do?
    Since it’s a fresh install, I figured I’d upload the file mutate_content.dynamic.php in manager/actions from 0.9.6.3.
    Ofcourse I introduced a whole bunch of other errors, BUT, (actually BUTT), NOW TinyMCE works, and the HTML Parsing error is no more.

According to Microsoft
    This problem occurs because a child container HTML element contains script that tries to modify the parent container element of the child container. The script tries to modify the parent container element by using either the innerHTML method or the appendChild method.

For example, this problem may occur if a DIV element is a child container in a BODY element, and a SCRIPT block in the DIV element tries to modify the BODY element that is a parent container for the DIV element.

So my guess is someone introduced a little doo do into Evo 1.0.0, one that only affects IE 7 and 8.

What me to do then?

The worst I could possibly do right now is, hmmm... Blow up the planet by moving some Javascripts.
    WooHaaah!!!

Naah. But I did move the script on row 167 to 513 and pasted it on row 74 instead.
    Uploaded the file, and Voila, problem solved. TinyMCe works in all browsers now.

It introcued these errors:
    Line: 102
    Char: 4

Line: 395
    Char: 1

Line: 458
    Char: 2

Row 449 in the first code is the same as row 102 in this last code; something wrong with:
    $("#loadingmask").css( {width: "100%", height: $("body").height(), position: "absolute", zIndex: "1000", backgroundColor: "#ffffff"} );

The other two errors can ofcourse be fixed, I just don´t now how right now.
    Seems like I need to work some aswell. laugh

I can’t believe no one else has this problem with IE 7 and 8.
    Am I the sole user of those browsers?

Cheers
    Amrit
      • 2,877 Posts
      Where/When did you get that error? I can try replicate this!
      // Nowadays I only use IE on public computers, Firefox for safe surfing
      and wonderful Chrome is my #1 smiley
        @hawproductions | http://mrhaw.com/

Infograph: MODX Advanced Install in 7 steps:
        http://forums.modx.com/thread/96954/infograph-modx-advanced-install-in-7-steps

Recap: Portland, OR (PDX) MODX CMS Meetup, Oct 6, 2015. US Bancorp Tower
        http://mrhaw.com/modx_portland_oregon_pdx_modx_cms_meetup_oct_2015_us_bancorp_tower
        • 75 Posts
        mrhaw...

Once again to the rescue. laugh

Ofcourse I forgot to mention that this error occurs when editing a document.
        Works like a charm in all browsers except IE7 and 8.

The same error wether I use XP or Win7.

According to M$ it’s... well, as quoted before.
        And since it now works after moving the script that caused the error I´m guessing I´m on the right track.

Thanks for helping out.

Cheers
        Amrit