We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 104 Posts
    Hello friends!

I have installed v 1.0.0

After this I tried to create the new template and there was such an error appeared:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/f/fridaycat.com/public_html/fridaycat/manager/includes/header.inc.php:6) in /var/sites/f/fridaycat.com/public_html/fridaycat/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 2730
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ’if’ »

Can you help me with this?
    Thank you!

Alex
      Getting higher! | www.djabuzz.com
    • What version of MySQL are you running?
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
      • The first part of that error can pop up if you try to start a session twice in one script:
        Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent
        • The first error will occur any time there is a fatal PHP error that overrides the MODx error reporting. Since PHP will establish its own headers for displaying its errors, MODx cannot set headers for what it wants to send.

Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 104 Posts
            Quote from: garryn at Sep 05, 2009, 11:58 PM

What version of MySQL are you running?

I use MySQL 5. I also have there MSSQL 2005.

In this error there was also this text:
            SQL: SELECT `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_site_templates`.templatename as name, `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_site_templates`.id, `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_site_templates`.description, `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_site_templates`.locked, if(isnull(`fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_categories`.category),’Без категории’,`fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_categories`.category) as category FROM `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_site_templates` left join `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_categories` on `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_site_templates`.category = `fridayca_f`.`fridaycat_categories`.id ORDER BY 5,1
            • MySQL 5 what? There are countless versions of MySQL 5.

Regardless, the problem is as the error states, you have an illegal mixture of collations. I’d check your database container’s collation and the collations of the tables in it. It seems as though they are not set properly.
                • 104 Posts
                Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 06, 2009, 03:44 PM

MySQL 5 what? There are countless versions of MySQL 5.

What do you mean?

Regardless, the problem is as the error states, you have an illegal mixture of collations. I’d check your database container’s collation and the collations of the tables in it. It seems as though they are not set properly.

So how can I fix that?
                Sorry, I am not so good in coding
                  • 104 Posts

I’d check your database container’s collation and the collations of the tables in it. It seems as though they are not set properly.

How can I make this correct? What collation would I set there?
                    • 104 Posts

MySQL 5 what? There are countless versions of MySQL 5.

• 104 Posts
                      SOLVED

I’ve made a new database, changed collation first and then reinstall modx to it. Now everything is ok smiley

Thank you!

Alex