We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 805 Posts
    On upgrading to Evolution 1.0.0 I have started getting a blank page when I try to change the password of a manager user and have the new password sent by mail. In my error logs I get the following:

[Thu Aug 20 11:55:15 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xx] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function quoted_printable() in /.../modx-1.0.0/manager/processors/save_user.processor.php on line 477, referer: ...

I have looked at save_user.processor.php and I can see that a new quoted_printable function is defined if it doesn’t already exist just beforehand. So, even I’m confused. Sadly, this system is running PHP Version 5.1.6, so I guess it could be a PHP bug in this older version of PHP. I think this should still be supported by MODx though.

Please could someone test with a more recent version of PHP and tell me if they have the same problem?

Thanks.
      YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
      YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
      Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
      • 195 Posts
      Sounds like this known issue.

http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-1065

Greetz
      JUSI
        • 805 Posts
        Thanks JUSI. That fix for that bug worked... Well, almost. No blank page anymore and email was successfully sent, but this is what the body of the email looked like:

X-Mailer: Content Manager - PHP/5.1.6

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Message-Id: <obfuscated@obfuscated>
        Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:29:29 +0100 (BST)
        X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 8.5.409 [270.13.62/2315]

Hello obfuscated=20

Here are your login details for obfuscated =
        obfuscated:

Username: obfuscated
        Password: =
        obfuscated

Once you log into the Content Manager at =
        http://obfuscated/manager/, you can change your =
        password.

Regards,
        Site Administrator

All those equals signs floating around and the headers in the content suggests that the email is not being properly encoded. Guess I should check whether this is a separate known bug...
          YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
          YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
          Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.