We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    i just upgraded to 1.0 and now the search isn’t giving me the right results.
    all of my pages are published and are searchable but only a few show up when searched for and some terms return no results at all.

And sometimes when i put in a term thats more than 3 characters it tells me that i need at least 3 characters

it worked fine before the upgrade.

any ideas on what i should do?
      • 31 Posts

Have to agree with the OP.

Advanced search doesn’t seem to work, either.

For example, I searched the word "tinymce" (without the quotes), and chose sort by most recent topics first. Everything else I left as default (message age, by user, etc.

It only returned five pages of results, and all of them from 2005.
        • 2,314 Posts
        i think jazzmatazz2005 meant search functionality of a MODx website wink (not the forum search)
          • 31 Posts
          Quote from: sharkbait at Aug 10, 2009, 10:06 AM

i think jazzmatazz2005 meant search functionality of a MODx website wink (not the forum search)

Oopsie grin

But still... smiley
          • Is this an Ajax Search question? If so needs to be moved to the right topic.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 14 Posts
              im not sure where this belongs.....all i do know is i have posted several questions on here and haven’t received an answer to any of them.
                • 299 Posts
                Actually, interesting this was mentioned. This morning I was trying to search for some support and while searching for words I know are in the forum (security, validation, eform, etc.) sometimes I would run the search without results while others I would not get anything. No change of the way they were entered. I found it odd but ignored it.
                • If the newest version of AjaxSearch delivered with Evo 1.0.0 isn’t working for you, you should be able to install an older version and get it working as it was before.