We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I’m an absolute newbie with modx (so much so I hadn’t even heard of it till this morning, when I started looking for a new cms and found people raving about it). The site says 1.0 is the current version as of today, so I assumed this was the stable version to start with. The reasons for asking are 1. that there seems to be no documentation for 1.0, and 2. because although the install process seemed to go ok I’m getting errors (the install didn’t notice I didn’t have php_mbstring; when I installed that I find the search gives me a php parse error (modx-1.0.0/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746))..). Would I be better off with an older version till things have settled down?

Thanks
    Graham

• You can find the previous release of MODx on the download page (0.9.6.3), though I suspect it will have the same installation issues. We’d appreciate your testing and if we do have problems to resolve reporting them in our bugtracker so we can get them sorted out quickly. Thanks for taking the time to post.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me