We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,314 Posts
    Hi there,

just tried to uncheck "published" of a ressource, but after saving it jumps right back to being ticked off

has anyone experienced that behaviour, or can confirm (not)?

thanks, j

MODx 1.0.2 rev 6066
      • 928 Posts
      I think I have done this without any problems. Do you perhaps have a publication date in the past set on the item, which might override the published flag?
      smiley KP
        • 2,314 Posts
        might be related to the ManagerManager rule "mm_default(’pub_date’);" that comes with the installation

ok. when i disable that rule i’m able to unpublish new documents...other than that i need to delete the date from the "published" field before i can unpublish
        • I think that bears a bug report actually. If you manaully uncheck a published flag it should probably clear the publish date so it will behave as expected.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 2,314 Posts
              • 128 Posts
              Quote from: sharkbait at Dec 22, 2009, 02:30 PM

might be related to the ManagerManager rule "mm_default(’pub_date’);" that comes with the installation

ok. when i disable that rule i’m able to unpublish new documents...other than that i need to delete the date from the "published" field before i can unpublish
              Yes that first line in the mm_demo_rules file caught me out for a while after performing an upgrade. After re-pointing mm to my custom mm_rules chunk all was fine again.
                • 1 Posts
                I have the same problem
                As a quick solution I decided to set in "Un-publish date" some earlier date. Then Published checkbox became taken off

Quote from: sharkbait at Dec 22, 2009, 01:13 PM
                Hi there,

just tried to uncheck "published" of a ressource, but after saving it jumps right back to being ticked off

has anyone experienced that behaviour, or can confirm (not)?

thanks, j

MODx 1.0.2 rev 6066