We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    Quote from: wendy at Nov 02, 2005, 03:12 AM

A few question regarding about the new release. Does it support multi site from a single installation? I haven’t tried it yet, but it will be great if someone able to guide me through the installation process.

Welcome! Multiple sites from a single installation is sort of supported. You can do this with folders representing a site in the manager but it is not the most elegant method.

A guide to installing MODx:

http://modxcms.com/installation-and-configuration.html
      • 1,495 Posts
      Ok,

I’m done installing it. I tried several features, and it works fine, except the user group. I made one user group associated with one document group. Everything works perfect, but when I tried to assign user to a user group, I couldn’t find any field/link/dropdownlist for me to assign the user to certain/specific user group. I tried on the edit manager for user, but I couldn’t find it. If someone able to help me with thi, it will be great.

Thanks mark for explain it further.
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • It’s at the very bottom of the user page ... checkbox(es).
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1,495 Posts
          Thanks for the reply Ryan.

I just figure out that I need to set the user permission to true in the site setting.

So anyway, I’m still exploring the wonderful interface on the system.

Sincerely,
          Wendy Novianto
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media