We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Is there any chance we can have the version of Mootools in the backend upgraded to 1.3? There’s so many features that would come in handy via plugins etc if 1.3 was available in the backend instead of 1.11.

How feasible is it to have that done?
      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
    • Changed the top of your post to Evo 1.0.5 ... we’re a ways off from 1.5. tongue

I don’t think it’s feasible unless you want to supply a fully tested patch of DocManager, the date pickers and lots of other things in the next few days. The next point release (1.1) is likely where any major structural or functional updates to the Manager would be made as long as they serve to bring Evo more in line with what’s happening in Revo. Feature additions have to be planned and implemented basically in parallel.

Honestly though, if we’re going to update the core Manager JS library, it would probably go to jQuery, getting rid of Mootools entirely in the core distribution.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Hi Ryan, thanks for changing the version!

As for Mootools being dropped in favour of jQuery, that’s not the best idea since Mootools is far more flexible than jQuery and doesn’t just focus on the dom. laugh Might be more difficult to master but can do anything Jquery can do but jQuery cannot do everything Mootools can do.

Saying that, if things are going to be more like rev does that mean ExtJS?

Ross

• I don’t think Evo will go to ExtJS.

Similarly, I think for the main core of what Evo needs for the majority of users, jQuery would be more than adequate and accessible and usable by a much larger group of people. That won’t prohibit people from using Mootools if needed though.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • Thanks for answer Ryan, I understand about the larger following of jQuery. I’m a mootool dev so I am biased!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the next releases.

Thanks!