We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 156 Posts
    I’m posting this here as I can’t remember which version of ModX I have installed, and I can’t log in to check. It’s a 9.x version.

I haven’t logged into my manager for over a year, and I haven’t made any changes to any files as far as I know. When I tried to log into the manager today I got the following error on the login page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/index.php on line 148

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php on line 60

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php on line 74

Attempting to log in via the form which appears as normal below the code also gives the following error in a system dialog:

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in <b>/nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php</b> on line <b>60</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in <b>/nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php</b> on line <b>60</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php:1) in <b>/nfs/c01/h12/mnt/33105/domains/neilcreek.com/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php</b> on line <b>74</b><br />

Is it possible my host has made some changes to the site settings that could have caused this?

Would it be prudent to install Revolution 2.0 on top of this existing site to fix the problem, or would that risk data loss?

You can see the error yourself at: http://www.neilcreek.com/manager/
    I’m seeing the problem in Firefox v 3.6.8, MSIE 8.0.7600 and Chrome 5.0.375.126
    Phpinfo: http://neilcreek.com/phpinfo.php

Is there anything else you need to know to help me diagnose the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    • You really should probably upgrade. I think you’re right in deducing your host has done the same.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 156 Posts
        Would an upgrade over the top of the existing installation be safe for the existing web site?
        • First archive your entire site. Then try to upgrade a copy of it in a subdirectory on a fresh install, that makes sure all legacy snippet code is not involved. If that succeeds, rinse-and-repeat for the base site, or move the one in the subfolder to the root after removing everything. Details are covered at http://rtfm.modx.com
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me