We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 460 Posts
    Currently running 0.9.6.1B for a client. Trying to edit a snippet as admin user but get the error that:

"webmaster is currently editing this snippet. Please wait until the other user has finished and try again."

Have logged in and out as "webmaster" user without luck. I’ve deleted "webmaster" too. I’d upgrade the site but it’s being transferred to a new business owner today and I don’t want anything to break (or have to waste anymore time on it!!).
      Mostly harmless.
      • 561 Posts
      Did you try this in the Manager? (I can’t recall now, but I think the terminology for this is the same in 9.6 as in 1.02)

Tools... Remove Locks

Cheers, Dave
        MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
        • 460 Posts
        Thanks - that’s handy. After using MODx for so many years there’s always something (staring me straight in the eyes) new to learn!
          Mostly harmless.
        • Oh wow, you really should update that version to the latest. Much much more secure and definitely more usable.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me