We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts

I performed a fresh install of Evolution 1.0.0. Requested to install the sample site.
    Platform: Windows XP, Mysql, PHP Version 5.2.5.
    (Please note that I kept the password empty for MySQL.)

I am able to login to the admin console successfully. When I clicked on the Preview, I got a page with a lot of errors. Here is a capture of some of the errors:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Incorrect integer value: ’’ for column ’user’ at row 1 »
    SQL: INSERT INTO `modx100`.`modx_event_log` (eventid,type,createdon,source,description,user) VALUES(1,3,1250560668,’Ditto 2.1.0’,’C:/Programs/Apache2.2/htdocs/modx-1.0.0/assets/snippets/ditto/lang/english.inc.php ’,’’)
    [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0082 s (4 Requests)
    PHP: 0.1630 s
    Total: 0.1712 s
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Incorrect integer value: ’’ for column ’user’ at row 1 »
    SQL: INSERT INTO `modx100`.`modx_event_log` (eventid,type,createdon,source,description,user) VALUES(0,3,1250560668,’Parser’,’\n \n \n \n \n
    « MODx Parse Error »
    \n \n \n
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Incorrect integer value: \’\’ for column \’user\’ at row 1 »
    SQL: INSERT INTO `modx100`.`modx_event_log` (eventid,type,createdon,source,description,user) VALUES(1,3,1250560668,\’Ditto 2.1.0\’,\’C:/Programs/Apache2.2/htdocs/modx-1.0.0/assets/snippets/ditto/lang/english.inc.php \’,\’\’)\n
    • The installer should have detected and warned you about it, but It appears you have the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES or STRICT_ALL_TABLES sql_mode enabled on your MySQL server. Find the my.cnf file for your server and search for ’sql_mode’, remove these values if they exist and restart the MySQL server. If that fixes the problem, then we should create a bug report for this to be fixed.
        • 17 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 18, 2009, 04:35 AM

The installer should have detected and warned you about it, but It appears you have the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES or STRICT_ALL_TABLES sql_mode enabled on your MySQL server. Find the my.cnf file for your server and search for ’sql_mode’, remove these values if they exist and restart the MySQL server. If that fixes the problem, then we should create a bug report for this to be fixed.

Great. That helped resolved the majority of the errors. However, I am still left with one error:

« MODx Parse Error »
        « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
        Error: include_once(C:/Programs/Apache2.2/htdocs/modx-1.0.0/assets/snippets/wayfinder/wayfinder.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
        Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
        File: C:\Programs\Apache2.2\htdocs\modx-1.0.0\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(770) : eval()’d code
        Line: 31

Parser timing
        MySQL: 0.0112 s (9 Requests)
        PHP: 0.1363 s
        Total: 0.1475 s

I do not see "snippets" folder under "assets".
        What went wrong? Should re-install everything?
        Thanks.
        • If everything else is working, just re-upload the assets folder. Apparently, everything didn’t make it across...
            • 17 Posts
            Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 18, 2009, 07:52 PM

If everything else is working, just re-upload the assets folder. Apparently, everything didn’t make it across...

Great. Now, everything is working.

I also had to enable php_mbstring.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
              • 59 Posts
              ditto. thanks for the help.