We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello, I’m using the latest evo branch 1.0 and I have noticed that some of the checkbox options do not save.

When I uncheck the published box in the manager and save the box is still checked. Also when I try to set new manager roles, I click the "Manager Interface Access" to no and save, it goes back to yes.

What could be causing this?
      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
    • When you say using the latest Evo branch, do you mean the published RC1 or the latest SVN code. And is the latest code from Subversion, which revision?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Just grabbed 5254 from svn (although svn shows it as 5439). Getting some really flaky javascript action in FF 3.5/OS X, both in the installer and in the Manager. But it’s also flaky in other sites; javascript and css dropdowns fading in and out, while the site is fine in Safari. It’s hard to pin down, because it’ll fail different things on one attempt, then work fine the next several times, then fail again in something else.

But the checkbox and button conditions are saving.
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • Sorry for the late reply. I’m using the latest RC release.

I have tried different browsers but some of the options do not save. I mentioned the published checkbox didn’t work but that does, it’s the Manager Interface Access option when trying to set it to no for new admins.

I tried with FF 3, Chrome and IE8. All have the same symptoms.

• I’m still getting this issue... Different domain, different site, different setup and I’m using the latest evo release MODx Evolution 1.0.0

When I create a new basic checkbox TV and allocate it to a template, I then go to a document, click the TV and save. Low and behold, the checkbox is unchecked. This happens with EVERY single TV I create. Half the time I have to go in to the DB just to set the TV on which is nothing but hassle. What can I do to see what is the actual cause of this? There’s no errors in the reports area so I’m not really sure what to test.

Any help would be appreciated.

Firebug errors include

Error: dp.getProperty is not a function
            Source File: manager/media/calendar/datepicker.js
            Line: 67

***EDIT

After doing some refreshing... I noticed sometimes if I click the checkbox on and save the page refreshes and shows the checkbox as unchecked but if I then leave the document and return to editing it, the checkbox is clicked?

Either way it seems a bit flakey and I don’t see any obvious reasons for it. I don’t use the date picker at all so I will remove the script for that since it errors and doesn’t even work for me. It could be part of the issue!

• Still getting this issue with the latest evo build... I can’t tell if my TVs are enabled or not in the manager. I have not modified anything on the site in anyway and it’s a new install for a new development.

I guess it’s direct javascript being input in the tv input that causes the checkbox issue. If I put the javascript in a chunk and then call the chunk in the TV it saves properly. I checked firebug as well and I see that the javascript is included in the TV element so it must of been messing about with the save option.

• Having this issue again but it’s only happening with the publish document checkbox... it just won’t uncheck after I save the document but the other checkboxes work fine.

• 2,314 Posts
                  Having this issue again but it’s only happening with the publish document checkbox... it just won’t uncheck after I save the document but the other checkboxes work fine.
                  i think this is related: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,43678.msg260619.html
                  • I think it is a little flakey and delicate to any form of changes but I just deleted the published date from the box below and it’s allowed me to unpublish the document. I’m sure that’s a feature of modx but I had no idea that if the date is set, you cannot unpublish the document? shocked

• 2,314 Posts
                      I’m sure that’s a feature of modx but I had no idea that if the date is set, you cannot unpublish the document?
                      no, not a feature...that’s Ryan’s response:
                      I think that bears a bug report actually. If you manaully uncheck a published flag it should probably clear the publish date so it will behave as expected.