We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Hey Everyone,

I have been using MODx for a couple of years now and I have run into a problem I have not seen before, nor am I experiencing this problem on other sites that I have MODx installed on. All sites use the same LAMP-based server/hosting account.

A couple of months ago I developed a new site using 0962 and everything was working fine. I had not done any work on the site for a couple of months during the holiday season. Now when I go back to edit the site, the "Document Setting" section in "Edit" mode does not render. The whole section is gone including the top buttons (Save, Cancel etc) and the green titlebar.

I thought the problem might be a corrupt file so I upgraded to 0963 and the same problem continues. Next, I disabled all browser plugins and add-ons and themes (firefox) thinking that might do it, nope. Next I checked it in other browsers and on other systems, same problem.

The one thing I did notice is that if I make the browser window really really small, and load the page the "Document Setting" section shows up, but only part of it, the part that is below the browsers horizontal scroll bar. Any part of the Edit page that is visible will not render.

And this is happening on all PC’s and both IE 6, 7 and Firefox 3.

Anyone have any idea at all as to what might be going on?

Attached is a screencap. Thanks for any help!

Thanks,

Bryan
    • Are you using any plugins such as ManagerManager?
        • 12 Posts
        I don’t remember installing ManagerManager, but it was, in fact, installed and turned out to be the culprit. I disabled it and the site has returned to normal function.

Thanks for the quick response!

Thanks!!!

Bryan
        • ManagerManager needs an update due to the recent release of jQuery 1.3. Apparently it won’t work with that and needs to be hard-coded to load jQ 1.2.6.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me