We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Greetings,

Please forgive what may be a cross-post. Think I posted in the wrong section yesterday.

MODx 0.9.6.3-RC2, TinyMCE 3.2.0.1 (as distrib with MODx), Wayfinder 2.0. Site and DB using UTF-8

Two entity encoding questions:

1. Content entered into body of pages is encoding ampersands appropriately on output. (Double) quotes are not being escaped at all. Checked another site I have (running 0.9.6.1p2) -- quotes are being escaped on output.

2. Wayfinder isn’t encoding entities placed into the menu title field in MODx (that behavior is there in 0.9.6.1p2). It’s actually breaking the output HTML title attribute in the Wayfinder menu when the user has entered a quote symbol (i.e. inch marker) in the menu title.

Can’t figure where to look on these two things, and can’t find anything here in the forums or elsewhere in diligent Google searching.

Any help more than welcome -- One of the reasons I love MODx is for production of standards-compliant output. I really want to overcome this.

Thanks in advance.
      • 6 Posts
      Even though this topic is over a year old, I came across it while trying to solve the same problem (#2). In case anyone else is trying to find the answer, here’s my solution to #2:

• Install the PHx plugin
      • Use something like the following code in the Wayfinder row template for the navigation:
      <li><a href="[+wf.link+]">[+phx:input=`[+wf.linktext+]`:htmlent+]</a></li>

The ’htmlent’ is a PHx modifier that converts the input to HTML entities.
        • 289 Posts
        Hey Roobarb, thanks for the information. I just happened to be needing the same thing today and came across your post. smiley It works perfectly.
          I&#39;m learning more about MODx all the time and loving it.
          • 5 Posts
          Lovely tip Roobarb. Thanks for sharing it. Still working fine in the current release with built-in PHx (evo 1.0.2)

Just to save any other noobs out there: the following template chunk will also allow a here class and add a title to the link:
          [tt]<li [+wf.classes+]><a href="[+wf.link+]" title="[+phx:input=`[+wf.title+]`:htmlent+]">[+phx:input=`[+wf.linktext+]`:htmlent+]</a></li>[/tt]