We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 210 Posts
    Hi,

I just upgraded a site to version 0.9.6.2-rc1. Everything went fine, until I tried to set a previously private document to "All Document Groups (Public)". The changes just don’t take any effect.

The steps to reproduce the issue:

1) Create a new test document, set it to default group "All Document Groups (Public)" and save it.
    2) Edit the document and make it private (set it to "Site Admin Pages" for instance), and save it. You will see the changes take effect at this point.
    3) Now edit the document again, set it back to "All Document Groups (Public)" and save it. You will see the changes DO NOT take effect and the document is still in the "Site Admin Pages" group.

Can anyone provide instructions to correct this error? or a small quick patch ?

Thank you in advance.

Mc
    • Can you please provide environment information (i.e. PHP version, MySQL version, etc.)?
        • 4,205 Posts
        I think this was fixed for the next release. I was able to replicate the issue in the 0961 install, but not with the svn version.
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 210 Posts
          Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 08, 2008, 04:57 PM

Can you please provide environment information (i.e. PHP version, MySQL version, etc.)?

Sure. The issue was verifed in both windows and LAMP environments. The details are:

LAMP server
          Kernel version: 2.6.24.3-grsec
          Apache version: 1.3.39 (Unix)
          MySQL version: 4.1.22-standard
          PHP version: 4.4.7

Windows server
          Web Server: IIS 6.0
          MySQL Version: 5.0.45-community
          PHP version: 5.2.1

Mc.
            • 210 Posts
            Quote from: dev_cw at Aug 08, 2008, 06:37 PM

I think this was fixed for the next release. I was able to replicate the issue in the 0961 install, but not with the svn version.

Strange... I installed from scratch 0961p2 and it gave me no problems. But when I installed from scratch 0962-rc1 the issue was there right from the start.
              • 4,205 Posts
              Now that you mention it I forgot my 0961 has been patched. I guess I don’t have 0961 installed anymore.

So, what I meant to say is that 0962rc1 (rev 3281) has this issue but has been fixed and is working in 0962rc2 (rev 3872).

You can download RC2 and give it a test just to make sure: http://modxcms.com/beta.html
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • 210 Posts
                Quote from: dev_cw at Aug 08, 2008, 11:30 PM

Now that you mention it I forgot my 0961 has been patched. I guess I don’t have 0961 installed anymore.

So, what I meant to say is that 0962rc1 (rev 3281) has this issue but has been fixed and is working in 0962rc2 (rev 3872).

You can download RC2 and give it a test just to make sure: http://modxcms.com/beta.html

dev_cw: Thanks a lot. Indeed, the issue has been corrected in version 0.9.6.2-rc2.