We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 37 Posts
    I tried using 2.1.0 and I get a white screen when I try to call it. Are there any fixes to it, or a version for it specifically. I checked the package manager to no-avail.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Not publicly available, no. There, is, however, getResources, which does most things that Ditto does, and better:

http://modxcms.com/extras/package/552

shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 37 Posts
        Kind of at a loss on how to make it display the contents of an "article"(document page). I use ditto on evo to pull the contents of the document and then output only part of it, with a Read More... link (all standard ditto function.) I have no idea how to accomplish this on getResources
          • 49 Posts
          It does everything I was reading, just to see how paginate.
            • 37 Posts
            Maybe an example of usage of this ? The snippet doesn’t even come with much of an explanation for usage.

Here is what I’m trying. And it returns literally nothing. [[getResources? &parents=`1` &includeContent=`1`]]
              • 37 Posts
              Anyone using this that could provide a quick example on how this is used?
                • 55 Posts
                First remove the &includeContent=`1` and see if the snippet returns an array. If you don’t get an array then you have an issue with the snippet and you will have to look at your settings.

If an array is returned then create a template chunk like you would with ditto.

[[getResources? &parents=`1` &tpl=`myTpl`]]

Here is an example of a simple chunk

<h2>[[+pagetitle]]</h2>
                <p>
                [[+introtext]] - <a class="readmore" href="[[~[[+id]]]]" title="[[+pagetitle]]">read more ..</a>
                </p></p>

Read the comments in the snippet for more info and look at the return on the array for your placeholders.

Re: the link in the chunk.. Links in Revo are [[~id]] and the placeholder from getResources is [[+id]] so wrap it as shown in the code example above.

The snippet is working for me.
                Revo Beta 1
                getResources snippet : version 1.0.0-beta
                • Quote from: Mortal at Jul 02, 2009, 11:02 PM

It does everything I was reading, just to see how paginate.
                  I will be publishing a separate getPage snippet that will interact with any snippet that works with "collections" of data (via some common snippet properties for defining a limit and offset, along with a placeholder that defines the total of the items in the collection). It will also provide caching support for individual pages produced by the view you build with getPage.
                    • 2,877 Posts
                    @OpenGeek and Dev team -When I get some spare money - I will use the Paypal button! Revolution rocks!!
                    Thank you for the hard work.
                      @hawproductions | http://mrhaw.com/

Infograph: MODX Advanced Install in 7 steps:
                      http://forums.modx.com/thread/96954/infograph-modx-advanced-install-in-7-steps

Recap: Portland, OR (PDX) MODX CMS Meetup, Oct 6, 2015. US Bancorp Tower
                      http://mrhaw.com/modx_portland_oregon_pdx_modx_cms_meetup_oct_2015_us_bancorp_tower
                    • I’m testing getResources with the beta 2.
                      The snippet return nothing, plus the drag n drop from the accordion don’t show the available properties.

MODx Error log return :
                      [2009-07-22 17:35:31] (ERROR @ E:\REVOLUTION\core\model\modx\processors\element\getinsertproperties.php : 24) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Any idea what could be the problem?