We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Installation from the SVN of revo.

The installation completed ok, at the end of the installation I got a blank screen.
    After that, trying to access the /manager doesn’t respond...
    (on firefox it redirects to www.localhost.com for some reson, on IE and Chrome the page just doesn’t respond).

I’m using xampp on windows XP.

Any ideas ?
      • 1,336 Posts
      If you’ve got a blank screen its not worked.

What’s the setting for your max_execution_time in your php.ini file? I think it’s set to 30 out of the box, you will probably need to up this for the install procedure, mines set to 300 for instance on my windows dev box, you may not want it this high bit I’d try it at say 180 for now and try the install again. Also what’s your memory_limit in php.ini? I think is 32M out of the box but again I’ve set mine to 64M, I guess however if your completing the build of the transport package this may be OK.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 16 Posts
        Thanks for the help.

I suspected this might be a server/php issue, but unfortunately, raising the values as you mentioned doesn’t help.
        I noticed another thing;
        I get to the stage where you get a list of topics and green OKs next to them, all is OK. I then press "Install" and then I get a blank screen,
        When I hit refresh on this page (http://localhost/modx_rev/revolution/setup/index.php?action=install), I get the following error:
        Warning: modContext::include(C:/xampp/htdocs/modx_rev/revolution/core/cache/mgr/context.cache.php) [function.modContext-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx_rev\revolution\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 49

Warning: modContext::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/xampp/htdocs/modx_rev/revolution/core/cache/mgr/context.cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx_rev\revolution\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 49

Fatal error: Call to a member function install() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx_rev\revolution\setup\includes\modinstall.class.php on line 347

• 1,336 Posts
          Ok, it says it can’t find this file
          C:/xampp/htdocs/modx_rev/revolution/core/cache/mgr/context.cache.php
          , does it exist? If not it may be a bad checkout, if it does check the perms around this file/directory hierarchy
            • 16 Posts
            isn’t this a cache folder ?
            on the svn there is nothing except index.html file on the cache folder...
              • 1,336 Posts
              OK, so it should be being generated as part of the install we assume, have you any errors in your apache logs?
              • See core/cache/{MODX_CONFIG_KEY/}logs/install.{MODX_CONFIG_KEY}.{UTC} for an install error log.

If it doesn’t make it through the install, then those cache files simply cannot be generated (they are generated on demand).
                  • 16 Posts
                  Well, this is the folder and its files..

Is there a way to disable the need of these files ?
                  Is it a permissions issue ?
                    • 1,336 Posts
                    Ok whats in the ’logs’ directory?
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Quote from: zoharbabin at Feb 09, 2009, 05:11 PM

Well, this is the folder and its files..
                      Is there a way to disable the need of these files ?
                      No, MODx needs permission to write to the cache.

Is it a permissions issue ?
                      Sounds like it to me. I’d make sure your core/cache/ directory is completely writable by PHP.
                        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com