We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 132 Posts
    Hi all,

I’m having some problems installing Wayfinder in a brand new Revo. installation. I downloaded it from the modx Web Transport Facility, and I get this error message: Could not install package with signature: wayfinder-2.0-beta, and in the console window:

Problem instantiating object from vehicle: Array ( )
    No class specified for loadClass
    Attempting to install package with signature: wayfinder-2.0-beta
    Could not install package with signature: wayfinder-2.0-beta
    Grabbing package workspace...
    Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
    Package found...now preparing to install.

Am I doing something wrong here fellas? I got ditto 1.0.2 beta1 and breadcrumbs-0.9-d to install the same way, with no problems.

Thanks!
      • 4,149 Posts
      Wayfinder currently does not work in alpha-5. This has been remedied for alpha-6, due out this week.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 132 Posts
        Quote from: splittingred at Nov 24, 2008, 08:52 PM

Wayfinder currently does not work in alpha-5. This has been remedied for alpha-6, due out this week.

Ahh I see. Not a problem then. Another question smiley Would I upload a template to manager > templates > mytemplate? I did upload here, I can see the files in the file manager, but it’s not in the Elements > Templates section.

Thanks laugh

Sorry to make a new thread, I missed the thread asking the same question about WF below...
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: motoxer4533 at Nov 24, 2008, 09:00 PM

Ahh I see. Not a problem then. Another question smiley Would I upload a template to manager > templates > mytemplate? I did upload here, I can see the files in the file manager, but it’s not in the Elements > Templates section.

No, you’d install it like you did templates in 0.9.6 - creating a new template, posting the code in, and then using it.

You can find the New Template option via the Elements Tree - which is one of the 3 trees in the left-hand side. Right-click on the ’Templates’ folder there to create a new template. Then paste your code in.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 132 Posts
            Quote from: splittingred at Nov 24, 2008, 09:04 PM

Quote from: motoxer4533 at Nov 24, 2008, 09:00 PM

No, you’d install it like you did templates in 0.9.6 - creating a new template, posting the code in, and then using it.

You can find the New Template option via the Elements Tree - which is one of the 3 trees in the left-hand side. Right-click on the ’Templates’ folder there to create a new template. Then paste your code in.

Thanks for the help. I guess I should just play around and see what each option does... I didn’t think of right clicking on the element name. Perhaps when the styling for the manager comes into play, this will be easier to find?? From a usability standpoint, I’m not sure this is the best method -- by no means am I an expert (and probably shouldn’t be critiquing revo).