We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 361 Posts
    Hi all.
    Just got the latest Ditto (from the SVN) built and installed, but Wayfinder is creating problems.

Using the Wayfinder 2.0 from the wtf I get:
    Console running...
    Problem instantiating object from vehicle: Array ( ) 
    No class specified for loadClass
    Could not install package with signature: wayfinder-2.0-beta
    Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
    Grabbing package workspace...
    Attempting to install package with signature: wayfinder-2.0-beta
    Package found...now preparing to install.

Trying to build Wayfinder manually using the latest revision from the respository I get:
    <pre>[2008-10-29 01:22:18] (INFO @ build.transport.php) Created new transport package with signature: wayfinder-2.0-beta
    [2008-10-29 01:22:18] (INFO @ build.transport.php) Registered package namespace as: wayfinder
    [2008-10-29 01:22:18] (INFO @ build.transport.php) Packaged namespace "wayfinder" into package.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method modPackageBuilder::setPackageAttributes() in /home/example/public_html/core/packages/wayfinder/_build/build.transport.php on line 56

(I’ve swapped the actual domain name with "example". The path is otherwise correct.)

I’ve done a search for setPackageAttributes and I can’t find it anywhere in alpha5, so my guess is Wayfinder is using some old Revolution code or something? Or maybe some new code that’s not in alpha5 yet? Or maybe it’s just me.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    System is a pretty typical LAMP. CentOS 4.6 or something, PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 4.1.22.
      Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
      • 4,149 Posts
      Yeah, this is because the Wayfinder package on wtf.modxcms.com is using alpha-6 and beyond’s package model, which doesn’t work in alpha-5. We’ll have alpha-6 out here shortly, along with all the packages being rebuilt to use its new package model.

The new package model allows for pre-install license agreements, readme views, and setup options. It’s a pretty nifty upgrade.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 615 Posts
        A bit on the sideline here, but that’s mabye why I can’t install Tinymce 2.1.0 beta2 or 3 on modx rev alpha5? If not I post in a new thread.
          I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
        • Same issue. I think only Ditto’s been converted.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 615 Posts
            OK, then I just wait for the next version. I started a new project yesterday that goes public summer 2009, so I have some time. Till then I build it up with Revolution and learn on the way. smiley
            • FYI though, I don’t think there’s any reason you can’t install a resource the old-fashioned-way: stick the filesystem bits in the appropriate place and copy-paste the code into the right spot.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 615 Posts
                Good idea and I tried it. Tried to install TinyMCE 3.x, but I only got the message "Could not connect to the database" in the installer window.

Also tried Revolution package TinyMCE 2.x beta3, putted it in the file system via FTP (no installation files here), but so far modx didn’t find it.
                • Quote from: Sylvaticus at Oct 30, 2008, 04:46 PM

Good idea and I tried it. Tried to install TinyMCE 3.x, but I only got the message "Could not connect to the database" in the installer window.

Also tried Revolution package TinyMCE 2.x beta3, putted it in the file system via FTP (no installation files here), but so far modx didn’t find it.
                  I don’t understand; the only TinyMCE packages for installation in Revo are these available on WTF:
                  tinymce-2.1.0-beta3.transport.zip
                  tinymce-2.1.0-beta2.transport.zip
                  tinymce-2.1.0-beta.transport.zip

If you put those in your core/packages directory and have the package installer search for new local packages, they will appear and you can install it.
                    • 615 Posts
                    Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 30, 2008, 05:34 PM

If you put those in your core/packages directory and have the package installer search for new local packages, they will appear and you can install it.
                    Yes, and I tried that first, but the installation of TinyMCE 2.01 beta2 (and3) stops and freeze (see image). Haven’t got time to put in to Jira yet. Just wanted to try @rthrash’ suggestion first.
                      • 62 Posts
                      ... the installation of TinyMCE 2.01 beta2 (and3) stops and freeze (see image)...

I have had the same problem.