We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    myfriendscallmebill Reply #1, 15 years, 6 months ago
    Yesterday my test installation of MODx 2.0.0a5 was running fine.  This morning I turned on my computer, went to the Manager, and got an almost-blank page:  It shows the copyright line, but not the login box.  The HTML source contains:

<div id="mx_loginbox">
        <br />
        <div id="panel-login"></div>
    </div>
    <!-- close #mx_loginbox -->

...so it looks like the login box is not being included in the page.

On the other hand, the end-user website works fine; so clearly the MODx core is functioning.

There are no errors listed in the Apache, PHP or MySQL logs.  I’ve also reset my Safari browser, and rebooted my PowerMac G5.

I’m running the current version of MAMP with PHP 5 on the current version of Leopard on a PowerMac G5.

Any suggestions?
      • 4,149 Posts
      That is the correct HTML source for the login box. The rest of the HTML is built via ExtJS.

Are you getting any JavaScript errors in your browser’s javascript error console? I can’t replicate this error.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 90 Posts
        myfriendscallmebill Reply #3, 15 years, 6 months ago
        Quote from: splittingred at Oct 16, 2008, 03:53 AM

Are you getting any JavaScript errors in your browser’s javascript error console? I can’t replicate this error.

The web browser’s error console reports:
        SyntaxError: Parse error http://localhost/modx2a5/manager/ (line 28)

There are no Apache, MySQL or PHP error log entries
        • I’m assuming this is in Safari 3 (latest)?
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 4,149 Posts
            Quote from: myfriendscallmebill at Oct 16, 2008, 02:50 PM

The web browser’s error console reports:
            SyntaxError: Parse error http://localhost/modx2a5/manager/ (line 28)

There are no Apache, MySQL or PHP error log entries

Can you post the whole source of the page on pastie.org, or something, so we can see where that line might be?

And what browser and version of browser is this? OS?
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 90 Posts
              myfriendscallmebill Reply #6, 15 years, 6 months ago
              Quote from: splittingred at Oct 16, 2008, 03:12 PM

Can you post the whole source of the page on pastie.org, or something, so we can see where that line might be?
              And what browser and version of browser is this? OS?

Hey, pastie.org is pretty cool! here’s the source: http://pastie.org/293971

I’m using Safari 3.1.2 or Mac OS X 10.5.5 (Leopard) on a PowerMac G5, running MAMP Pro 1.7.2 with PHP 5.2.6 (with Zend optimizer and cache OFF), PHP memory set to 16MB, MySQL 5.0.41, Apache web server (not sure what version, but sure it’s recent).

Again the really odd thing is that this was working for a week on this same system...
                • 4,149 Posts
                Found it:
                var SITE_NAME = 'Bill's test site';

Was a bug with the ’ in the name. Will fix this in SVN. To fix it in yours, get rid of the ’ or change it to a encoded char.