We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    myfriendscallmebill Reply #1, 15 years, 6 months ago
    I’m finally able to start playing with Revolution. I’ll be doing so off and on as time permits. I’ll be doing so as a MODx user (website builder) rather than as a PHP developer. Given that, I have two questions:

(1) At present, this seems to be the only forum devoted to Revolution; but it’s a "Development & Coding" forum for the core code. Is there another forum I should use (or that should be started) for "how do I build websites with Revolution" posts? Or should I continue to use this one?

(2) As I learn the lore needed to be successful with Revolution, I’d like to share my notes with the community. As far as I can tell the Confluence wiki seems like that ought to be the place to do that. But I can’t find a way to register as a contributor, and I don’t know if the intent of that wiki is for the community to share bits of lore rather than official documentation. So what would the team suggest?

Regards, Bill
    • Quote from: myfriendscallmebill at Oct 13, 2008, 04:07 PM

(1) At present, this seems to be the only forum devoted to Revolution; but it’s a "Development & Coding" forum for the core code. Is there another forum I should use (or that should be started) for "how do I build websites with Revolution" posts? Or should I continue to use this one?
      I think it’s time to consider reorganizing some of these forums so they can be divided properly between Evolution (0.x/1.x series) and Revolution (2.x series). There are a lot of changes going on in this regard. For now, continue to post in MODx Next and we’ll move posts once we have the new structure implemented.

Quote from: myfriendscallmebill at Oct 13, 2008, 04:07 PM

(2) As I learn the lore needed to be successful with Revolution, I’d like to share my notes with the community. As far as I can tell the Confluence wiki seems like that ought to be the place to do that. But I can’t find a way to register as a contributor, and I don’t know if the intent of that wiki is for the community to share bits of lore rather than official documentation. So what would the team suggest?
      We are obviously looking for documentation contributors. If you would be interested in focusing your efforts on helping us produce the "official" documentation, that would be the best option in my opinion. And in that case, we would be glad to accept your contributions as part of the MODx Team, specifically the documentation team. It’s just a matter of your interest in doing so and us adding you to the proper user group with permission to author Confluence articles.
        • 90 Posts
        myfriendscallmebill Reply #3, 15 years, 6 months ago
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 13, 2008, 05:55 PM

... If you would be interested in focusing your efforts on helping us produce the "official" documentation, that would be the best option in my opinion...

I want to help but I’m only sporadically available so I don’t want to promise more than I can deliver. But I imagine I could just commit to one doable chunk at a time. Do you have someone coordinating the documentation development? Do you have a style guide? Do you have a formal review process? If so I"d like to align myself with the established flow. If not, then I’m certainly able to choose and execute tasks independently. How should we proceed?