We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    I installed alpha 4 (all seemed fine). But once the install was completed, I got a bunch of errors.

Just a quick run down of what happened:
    1) FTP all files and set up database (I downloaded the modx-2.0.0-alpha-4.zip archive and extracted to a folder on my desktop)
    2) browsed to the setup folder got blank page.
    3) followed instructions from "Fresh Installation" page (chmode directories and files).
    4) browsed to the setup folder.. went though setup process.
    5) clicked the login button at the end of setup and got this:

Warning: include_once(/var/www/modx2-a4/model/modx/modx.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/modx2-a4/manager/index.php on line 51

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/modx2-a4/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/modx2-a4/manager/index.php on line 51

Warning: include(/var/www/modx2-a4/error/unavailable.include.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/modx2-a4/manager/index.php on line 52

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/modx2-a4/error/unavailable.include.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/modx2-a4/manager/index.php on line 52
    Site temporarily unavailable!

huh what should I try next ?
      Jeremy Foster
    • Damn, my apologies for the mistake, but there is a problem with the traditional and sdk packages for alpha-4. You can fix it by going to the following files and editing the define for MODX_CORE_PATH in each (this is done automatically in the advanced package).

In manager/config.core.php:
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/');
      to
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/core/');

In connectors/config.core.php:
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/');
      to
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/core/');

In config.core.php:
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');
      to
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/core/');

The advanced package does not have this bug. I will get this corrected and upload alpha-5 this afternoon.
        • 90 Posts
        smiley yep, that fixed it. Thanks.
          Jeremy Foster