We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hey i’m using the MODx Next (Alpha 3) everything was working fine until my session expired and I was logged off. I had switched on the security option. Now whenever I try to login it keeps saying that I did not enter the text displayed correctly. http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4262/problemmz3.jpg <-- there’s a screenshot.. So you can know whether or not it’s a bug or I’m just being stupid.
      • 5 Posts
      I spoke with opengeek on the #Modx irc channel (irc.freenode.net) and he gave me this solution to my problem.

First he made me aware that captcha is going to be pulled out and redone before the final Revolution so I should ignore the use of it for now.

As for the solution, I was told to change the system_setting in the database for use_captcha and delete the config.cache.php file. That’s the solution in a nutshell.

This means that you must access your mysql database of your website and then look for system_setting after you find that go to use_captcha and change its value from 1 to 0. After you complete those steps you must then go to /core/cache and delete "config.cache.php". After those steps are complete you should now be able to use your manager correctly simply refresh the page (yoursite.com/manager) and the field for captcha should be no longer available.