We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: SeoSem at Jul 21, 2008, 01:40 PM

Mon Jul 14 16:24:01 2008] [error] [client 157.157.81.121] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href=’function.require’>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required ’./includes/protect.inc.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/mysite/public_html/index.php on line 59, referer: http://mydomain.com/manager/frames/index.php?a=1&f=menu
    You apparently have an old version of MODx 0.9.6.x or similar sitting in the same location as you installed Revolution. This error indicates it is looking for includes/protect.inc.php which does not exist in Revolution. Try installing into a clean location and make sure all the top level directories and your document root are writable for the installation (just to rule out permission issues).
      • 24 Posts
      Yes you are right about the 9.6.1 I already have installed.

I followed the “book” and put 2.0 into a clean folder with its own MySQL DB.

What I did was: I uploaded the zip file to server and unzipped it into its own folder and then I
      followed the yellow box info, in install process I got green light on everything but ended up
      with a blank page.

Well, now I will go and try to figure out the other options.

Will this info speed up replies to my inquiries?

Web Server:
        Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.5

Database:
        MySQL 4.1.22-standard

MODx:
        Any changes you&#39;ve made: just add new pages
        Any snippets you&#39;re running on the page that is not working properly: not that far yet
        Any plugins you&#39;re running: just the one that come with the .zip

Browser/Client:
        Opera 9,5
        Win Vista ultimate
        • 788 Posts
        MODx2 installs with no content, you have to create everything manually.

As long as you can log into the manager, the install went smoothly I’m sure. Your documents are under the web tab, snippets, chunks, etc are in the elements tab.
          xforum
          http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
          • 24 Posts
          That is the problem Breezer, I didn´t get that far to even see the login page for manager, just total blackout!

But thanks for the info.

Web Server:
            Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.5

Database:
            MySQL 4.1.22-standard

MODx:
            Any snippets you&#39;re running on the page that is not working properly: not that far yet

Browser/Client:
            Opera 9,5
            Win Vista ultimate
          • This is likely an issue with your memory_limit setting in PHP. As noted here, it is 8Mb by default, but should be increased to 32Mb or higher for this to work. You can see your memory_limit by looking at a phpinfo() page.

NOTE: The actual install process requires more than the default 8M of memory allocated to PHP in many default php.ini files; if you get a blank page when you click "install", try increasing the memory_limit configuration to 32M or more (16M may work, but why not give php a little space, eh?).
              • 24 Posts
              OK, Both changing the owner of files and increasing the memory to unlimited did the trick
              (you said more memory shocked) Don´t know if it was just loss of memory or both that prevent
              me to install.

However, manager does not accept my user name or password, as there isn´t any “lost password link”
              where can I find my user info or will I have to reinstall?

Thanks very much everyone for your help.

EDIT: There was an install error that I fixed and now I am into manager.

First impression… like the dashboard in Airbus-A380…
              http://www.scribd.com/doc/56918/Airbus-A380-pictures

SS

Web Server:

Database:
                MySQL 4.1.22-standard

MODx:

Browser/Client:
                Opera 9,5
                Win Vista ultimate