We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    whatever the above error is, it came to light after installing Revolution,
    which in itself resulted in blank pages in Firefox and permission errors in Safari
    to the extent of having the trial directory erased still reporting ’I don’t have permission to enter’ when I try to navigate to it.

plus funny behaviour between my MacBook and main iMac again permission error.

first reading around suggest a Safari problem but something in the Revolution install-process triggered it.
    at this stage I’m only reporting it now, not to loose time and will investigate it further and report whatever I find
    lmv
      • 70 Posts
      I have no idea of what we are looking at here yet,
      suggestions are that the recent Apple updates -10.5.3 & intro new iPhone software did something weird.

fact is that it is an unresolved issue at fora of Chyrp, Drupal, Joomla, WordPress
      and at community-sites Twitter, Flickr etc

so we (MODx-community) may meet it as well and not limited to Revolution.

as long as we can identify the problem and hopefully Apple comes out with a correction soon.

lmv
        • 70 Posts
        whatever triggered the error is located in the part of Revolution that establishes the administrator. (1)

after installing -which was very slick and impressive BTW- the bottom line at the ’succesful-installation’-screen was red (after all we had done OK in green) and reported an error on establishing the administrator-name & pasword.

there was no going-back-and-repair button (2) so I assumed would be whisked back to eventual repair, but no; the problem started.

reading thru the google-comments sofar basicly states the same thing:
        whenever loading to the site (new users, photo’s etc) the problem occurs, hence the clue.

lmv
        • I run this on a MacBook with MAMP with no problems like you describe. Of course, I don’t own an iPhone, so maybe that is the problem...

Good luck!