We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,624 Posts
    Hi,

I am trying to built a simple website with the new modx.
    After installing wayfinder and tinymce I started creating documents and organize them in containers like

ro
    - home
    - info
    -geo

en
    - home
    - info
    -geo

de
    - home
    - geo
    - info

After a couple of strange issues (wayfinder did not displayed my documents) I finally made the links to work but I was not sure why.

If you look at the ’de’ container you will see that ’geo’ is the second element and ’info’ is the last element(based on IDs). So I needed to change that because I want a different order in my menu. So I renamed the ’geo’ doc to ’info’ and the other way around. Now my menu shows only ’home’. If I change ’geo’ to ’geo3’ the menu item appears. If I change it back to ’geo’ it disappears.

... and so on.

This is quite an interesting bug and I am wondering what could cause this and if it is only on my installation.

PS: I had a similar issue for the other menus but somehow I manage to get a stable result after modifying the names back and forward a few times.

Thx

More on this:
    Changing the title of an document make the document disappear from the wayfinder menu.
    Eg: I changed ’info’ to ’info3’ and the menu item disappeared. Changing it back does not make the menu item appear.

It seems that playing with the modx manager randomly, clicking documents in other folders etc, and then going back and changing something in the document makes it appear again in the wayfinder menu
      • 788 Posts
      Could this issue be related to the one Chuck mentioned here about the publish/unpublish bug?

When I edit any page, it becomes unpublished (though the published is checked.) I have to uncheck, then recheck the published option)
      - default in config is to publish
      http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,27448.0.html
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution