We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Does 0.9.7 support virtual hosts or sub sites? I wish to convert one web site with a fair number of virtual hosts to modX but I hit a stumbling block on the virtual host issue. I tried 0.9.6 with the subsite patch/hack and was not successful but I didn’t try that hard to get it going.

Thanks.

• Quote from: Angel at Jun 30, 2008, 04:36 PM

Does 0.9.7 support virtual hosts or sub sites? I wish to convert one web site with a fair number of virtual hosts to modX but I hit a stumbling block on the virtual host issue. I tried 0.9.6 with the subsite patch/hack and was not successful but I didn’t try that hard to get it going.
      0.9.7 will feature support for a shared core, multiple configurations per core, and your virtual hosts can be deployed in a variety of ways depending on what your goal is. The most complicated of these scenarios would be one core, one configuration, multiple virtual hosts, and would require that you either create a plugin to manage which pages go to which domain, or customization of the index.php in each virtual host directory to look at a specific context you setup in the single configuration/database.

So yes, it does support various scenarios using virtual hosts and can support sub-sites, though there will be some additional code to be developed to make sub-sites possible within a single database configuration.